The Hall was built in 1933 largely from community donations as a memorial to those who returned from the First World War. It was built on to the 19th Century Reading Room.
Following over fifty years of the village school using the hall to provide freshly-cooked school dinners, in 2005 the Hall management committee raised £17,000 to refurbish the Hall, including a new kitchen and a new boiler system. More recently, all the windows have been replaced with energy saving double glazing.
The Hall has disabled access, a disabled toilet and a public address system. It can accommodate 60+ people seated and over a hundred standing.
Since 2003 the lower part of the Hall has been rented out to accommodate a Post Office, and in 2004 the Community Shop opened in what had originally been the Reading Room. Regrettably, there is no longer a permanent Post Office since the Post Mistress retired a few years ago. There is, however, a
drop-in Post Office 2 mornings a week.
A fantastic party was held to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the end
of the First World War in Nov 2018, with displays of memorabilia and a
sing along of all the old songs.
The Hall aims to provide a facility for community social activities and meetings. There are regular meetings by the Parish Council, Brownies, Pilates, and Bridge Club . It is used frequently for children's parties. The Hall can be hired for one-off events at £8.00/hour by the local community, and at £16.00/hour by non-village organisations. Please book via the Village Shop.
2020 - The Hall is fully compliant with all Covid-19 regulations and is looking forward to having everyone back, including the Parish Council.
Chairman: Dorothy Logan
Secretary: Geoff Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Bob Davies - email@example.com; Tel: 07801 767911